Wednesday, May 29, 2013

✔Review | Lush - My Hair Routine (wordy)

I have been using the Lush products I bought for almost 2 months now. The only thing I can say is that I’m completely in awe! I can't believe how amazing they are! In this post I’m going to share with you my (Lush) hair routine. My (Lush) face and body routine will be covered in another entry next time. :)

photo cred: http://www.lush.nl/


When it comes to hair care, I don't really know a lot, I mean, I only started to pay some attention to my hair 3 years ago.

I used to have this amazing thick black hair but after constant coloring/bleaching, curling/straightening, daily blow-dry, etc., I now have quite thin and damaged hair, my scalp is super sensitive and annoyingly irritated, that's when I started my long-searching for the perfect hair care products.

I haven’t found the perfect products yet, but I’m really satisfied with the ones I’m using right now and I don't think I’m gonna switch to other products any time soon.

During my research of the perfect hair products, I came across some information I have never even heard of, do you know there are actually 7 steps in the hair care process?! I was shocked when I first read this and felt so guilty for abusing and neglecting my poor hair for all these years.

Those 7 Steps are:

1.       Scalp treatment
2.       Pre-Shampoo Treatment
3.       Shampoo
4.      Conditioner
5.       Hair Mask
6.      Hair Serum
7.       Hair Mist

Before (3 years ago) all I ever did was washing my hair everyday with liquid shampoo, I was fooled by the fake smoothness liquid shampoos brought me and never even begin to think about how bad all the chemicals contained inside would do to my hair…I can’t believe how ignorant I was!!! Turns our step 3 to 5 is a MUST every time you go wash your hair, step 2 and step 6 should be done at least once a week. Step 1 should be done at least once a month and if you have really damaged and dry hair, you should not ignore step 7 either!

I’ve dried lots of hair products and none of them did what they claimed to do, until Lush came along. I stumbled across Lush when I was shopping with my friend, she is a total Lush-addict, she told me a lot about Lush and I was very intrigued, of course like all the other money savvy shopaholics, I didn't impulse buy anything, I went home and did a little research first. I have irritated scalp, oily roots and dry/damaged ends, I also loose a lot of hair compare to before, but luckily they seem to grow quite quick too…otherwise I’d probably be bald by now…anyway, after reading all the intros on Lush website, I bought myself: Roots Scalp Cream, Squeaky Green Solid Shampoo Bar, Retread Conditioner and Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner.



Roots Scalp Cream 
€19,95/225g


Lush says:
This treatment is packed full of ingredients to revitalise from root to tip. Starting with three kinds of mint to stimulate the scalp and hair follicles, olive oil to give condition and strength, honey to soften and soothe and nettle absolute for shine. We’ve topped this off with a delicate perfume containing sweet orange oil, neroli and grapefruit oil all known to be cheerful and uplifting.  Together these are the foundations to build great hair.
I say:
I use this as my Scalp Treatment/Pre-Shampoo Treatment twice a week: I put it on my scalp, massage through from roots to ends, leave it in for 30 mins, sometimes 40 before I hit the shower. It’s a little hard to apply maybe because I have medium length hair and I actually have to separate my hair into 3 layers to apply…the smell is okay, some people hate it some love it, I’m somewhere in between. It works wonders for my hair, my irritated scalp is not irritating any more, and my roots are way less oily! It’s definitely the product I will keep on using!



Squeaky Green Solid Shampoo Bar €9,1/55g

Lush says:
Nettle is great for the scalp and gives shine to the hair. Rosemary is antiseptic and a great hair and scalp tonic. Peppermint is great for stimulating the scalp and increasing blood flow to the roots, whilst tea tree is antimicrobal and will help with any dandruff. The beautiful green herby fragrance will last on your hair for hours.
I say:
My hair hasn't felt this great since…ever! My scalp feels so clean yet my hair doesn't feel dry at all! Don't even feel there is a need for conditioner! (But seriously, always use a conditioner!) I immediately have the feeling that my hair’s just got a whole lot healthier LOL


Retread Conditioner  15,75/245g

Lush says:
Just like tyres, the outer layer of your hair shaft gets worn and damaged. Retread is full of ingredients to fuel you hair up again and get it back out on the road.
I say:
It’s a heavy conditioner indeed! Hair instantly feels smoother and moisturized. I also use this as a hair mask twice a week, I noticed I have less split ends after 2-week use, and I’m so happy! Couldn't ask for more. Some people complain about the smell, it’s got a soy yogurt smell, I don’t like it but I also don’t mind, but if you do, consider this before your use, the smell does stay in your hair for quite a while…




Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner €31,5/225g

Lush says:
Packed full of ingredients to feed and nourish the skin; argan oil, cocoa butter, cupuaçu butter, brazil nut oil, almond oil and fair trade shea butter. Leaves you soft and smelling like a rose bush being kissed by the first rays of morning sun.
I say:
I know, it’s a BODY conditioner, which means to be used on your body only, but I don't care…I use it as a leave-in conditioner. I only apply a nickel-sized amount on the ends while my hair is still dripping water, after putting it on, slightly squeeze out the excess water with your hands and then pat dry with a towel. It smells amazing and my ends have never felt happier.
____________________________________

As for hair serum, I’m still on the road searching for a satisfying product, will let you know all about it when I do.

We all should take care of our hair as much as we care for our skin, I mean you don’t want messy damaged hair with split ends ruin your perfect total-look right? I know I don't.

What do you do as your hair care routine? Which products do you use? Please do share!

2 comments :

  1. Nice blog post! I like to use Dr Organic and Lush products too :-)

    http://kinderhealthandbeautytips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the lip balms from Dr. Organic!!!

      Delete

Tell me what you think ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top